Friday, January 21, 2011

Donna Salazar Layouts

Just a quick post to share a layout using the gorgeous Donna Salazar paper ranges that are available at Bumble Bee Crafts now.



And because I use these flowers all the time on my layouts, I thought I'd show you how quick and easy they are to make, so you can try for yourself if you haven't already :):):)

Take your favourite paper, in this case I have used Donna Salazar to match my layout. Take any flower punch you have in your stash, the size doesn't really matter too much.


Punch 5 flowers from the paper.


Pierce a hole in the centre of the 5 flowers using an awl or even just a regular metal skewer does the trick just as well.


Insert a brad to match your colour scheme. I adore these pearl brads and use them all the time as flower centres.


Close it off at the back to make it secure for scrunching and then you can open it again when you go to attach it to your project.


If using heavyweight cardstock, I always like to use some water to soften and it makes scrunching so much easier and the end result more rose like too.


Scrunch each layer and remember, you can't scrunch too much LOL.


The end result will resemble something like this, but all flowers in nature are different, so don't worry too much how different it appears.


This is a close up of how the flowers looked on a layout.


I hope you enjoyed these layouts and mini tutorial and I'll be back very shortly with some gorgeous Bo Bunny Surprises, so be sure to stay tuned for those, till next time, thanks for stopping by, Tiff :):):)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Tiff..Love the flowers I have done the same thing using circles in diffeent sizes and tissue paper...

    ReplyDelete